You will find a little of most things on offer with many of our products sourced locally. Whether you live nearby or just passing by, we aim to provide a friendly and welcoming service.
Our shop offers:
- Fresh Bread and Cakes daily supplied by Albion House Bakery, Cross in Hand (Albion House web site)
- Pies and Pastries, hot and cold supplied by Meadow View
- Fresh Coffee made from Rijo42 Beans, Hot Chocolate and Tea (Rijo42 web site )
- Sandwiches supplied by Robsons of Lewes
- Fresh fruit and vegetables available from our fruit and vegetable card outside the shop, much of it locally sourced by Cross Country Stores
- Free range eggs, sausages and cheese supplied by Park Farm
- Pre packed bacon and cheese supplied by K.Walker
- Ice cream and lollies
- Frozen food
- A range of sandwiches, snack, crisps and confectionery
- Milk and dairy products.
- A range of wines, beers and spirits
- Cigarettes and tobacco (even though you can't see them, they are still here!)
- Cat and dog food
- A wide range of general groceries and non food products
- A comprehensive selection of cards and stationery
- Seasonal items which include Ridgewood Christmas Cards, wrapping paper, gift tags etc
- Photocopying (black and white only)
- Newspapers and magazines - we are happy to put these by for you, specialist magazines can be ordered
- Advertise your business/event on our notice board - 50P for 3 weeks
- We also have an electronic notice board. For a limited time, you can advertise your business for free.
We are a National Lottery outlet offering a complete range of lottery tickets and scratch cards. As we are a Post Office, should you be lucky enough to win more than the usual £10 or £20, we
can pay out prizes up to £50,000 via a Post Office Lottery cheque.
You can still purchase your Health Lottery tickets.
If there is something you can't find, please ask. If we don't do it, we will do our best to get it for you.
Our aim is to support local suppliers/manufacturers which helps to maintain
competitive prices, ease of delivery and support the local economy.
Our Post Office offers:
Please note, we are unable to offer car tax renewal or passport forms
- Longer opening hours in line with the shop
- Stamps and Royal Mail services
- ParcelForce services
- Signed for delivery (formerly Recorded) for when you need proof of delivery
- Special delivery - for those very urgent or high value items
- Pension and Benefit payments
- Cash and Banking services
- Post Office Savings
- Bill Payment
- Euros on demand
- Foreign Current pre order service - order by 12:00 and your foreign currency can be collected the next day.
- Further information can be found:
- The Post Office
- Royal Mail
News Delivery Service:
With effect from Sunday 24th June 2018 we no longer provide a news delivery service. After 32 years of delivering news and magazines we have made the decision to
stop. This is mainy due to our health but also the difficulty in getting young people who want to deliver early in the morning.
We are open for business at
the usual times and you will still be able to purchase newspapers and magazines off the shelf. We are also happy to shop save and/or order any specialist magazine that you can then collect from
- We can also deliver your groceries, free of charge for orders over £25.00. We are happy to accept your order over the telephone.